Music for People conducts the following multi-year training programs for its members:
- Musicianship and Leadership (MLP) – a four-year US-based program that places equal emphasis on musicianship development in improvisation and workshop facilitation in small and large groups.
- Musicianship and Leadership – Europe (MLP-Switzerland) – a three-year program based in Switzerland that places equal emphasis on musicianship development in improvisation and workshop facilitation in small and large educational or therapeutic groups.
- Graduate Program – Once candidates have completed one of the programs, they are eligible to participate in the graduate program at MfP workshops. Graduates attend MfP workshops at a reduced fee.
- Certified Facilitators who have graduated the MfP Musicianship and Leadership Program.
MLP / MP Forms & Info Online
These links contain information and materials for participants currently enrolled in the above training programs.
- Community Service Options
- Musicianship Program – Styles, Techniques, and Skills Roster
- Return to Child Project
- Guide to Providing Feedback on Home Plays
- Guide to Recording Your Home Plays
- Activity Log
These PDF documents provide general information relating to the MLP and MP programs. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, please visit the Acrobat Reader download page.
“The highest music is where the sound does not destroy the soundless moments in between.
As the musician becomes more and more refined, he can manage to create sound,
and between two sounds he can give you an experience of soundlessness.
That soundlessness touches the heart.”